A friend's attorney said he wanted to talk about my friend's issues, but when we met there hardly was any discussion. Why?

Asked about 1 year ago - Davis, CA

My friend was in the midst of getting her trustee removed after she accused the trustee of having assaulted her. Since I am a close friend and some info about me probably went around with other individuals involved in the case, by chance occurrence I briefly spoke with the attorney over the telephone and said he wanted to meet me in person.

But when we met, he only asked me a couple cursory questions and went no further. I thought he would have wanted a history of the friendship, to know something about me, if I knew any of the events regarding the reported assault but none of those questions were asked. Much of the meeting centered with my friend who has dementia and who told the attorney as best she could that she did not trust her then trustee. The meeting was unproductive.

1. Michael Charles Doland

2

Answered . Any answer to this question would be pure speculation.

2. Justin C. Lowenthal

1

Answered . It's possible the attorney needed very specific information from you and either obtained it or was otherwise of the opinion that the meeting was unnecessary or unproductive. In addition, the attorney may have been concerned about going too far into the case with you, in an effort to protect his client's confidentiality and attorney-client privilege. These are just ideas.

3. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

1

Answered . No one on AVVO could possibly answer this question.