A friend ran away to her boyfriends with a restraining order i took her home can i get into trouble legally?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dwight, IL

the detective wants to speak with me about it i don't want to . will i get into trouble for ignoring the detective . mi 18 as of January . also they don't know she was there and i do can i just say i don't know ?

shes underage

1. Judy A. Goldstein

2

Answered . Do not discuss this any more online or with friends or family except to discuss this matter with an attorney. You are under no obligation to, and should not, speak to the police until you first discuss your situation with an attorney. More than likely they are building a case against your friend but you are now an adult and you want to avoid getting in trouble yourself.

2. Luke D. Kazmar

Pro

1

Answered . You would be better served posting your question in the criminal law forum.

3. Joseph Henry Sparacino

Pro

Answered . It depends on the terms of the order and who was being restrained. What were you not supposed to do is the real question. If you brought her to a place that was one she was not supposed to go, you can be as liable as she may be for violating the order. As I am often in Court call my assistant ?Dan London at 312-807-3990 to set up a private telephone consultation. At the consultation we can discuss the confidential details we need to craft a strategic plan. These details shouldnot be broadcast over the Internet.