A friend ran away to her boyfriends with a restraining order i took her home can i get into trouble legally?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dwight, IL

the detective wants to speak with me about it i don't want to . will i get into trouble for ignoring the detective . mi 18 as of January . also they don't know she was there and i do can i just say i don't know ?

Additional information

shes underage

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do not discuss this any more online or with friends or family except to discuss this matter with an attorney. You are under no obligation to, and should not, speak to the police until you first discuss your situation with an attorney. More than likely they are building a case against your friend but you are now an adult and you want to avoid getting in trouble yourself.

  2. Luke D. Kazmar


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You would be better served posting your question in the criminal law forum.

    The author provides the preceding information as a service to the public. Author's response, as stated above,... more
  3. Joseph Henry Sparacino


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . It depends on the terms of the order and who was being restrained. What were you not supposed to do is the real question. If you brought her to a place that was one she was not supposed to go, you can be as liable as she may be for violating the order. As I am often in Court call my assistant ?Dan London at 312-807-3990 to set up a private telephone consultation. At the consultation we can discuss the confidential details we need to craft a strategic plan. These details shouldnot be broadcast over the Internet.

    This is a general answer and does not address the specifics of your individual case. To give the specific answer... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,458 answers this week

3,124 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,458 answers this week

3,124 attorneys answering