Skip to main content

A friend of mine was arrested in DC for alleged assault. At a Washington, D.C. Hotel. Heavily watched by secret service .

Los Angeles, CA |

The guy try to get into a photo with him. But my friend said no. He wouldn't, leave them alone so a fight broke. The guy ended up in the hospital with a broken nose . He pressed charges saying my friend hit him first. My friend was arrested and booked . The charge was reduced to a misdemeanor. But he is on probation in LA . I know that the judge will probably revoke it . But here's the thing there is no footage of the fight and there is a witness(secret service agent) . He said that he heard the guy telling the cops my friend never hit him. There's a hearing on Nov. 20 what do you think will happen?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Your friend needs a criminal defense attorney ASAP to represent him on the motion to revoke hearing. The attorney will need all the documents from the D.C. incident. Get counsel immediately.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  2. For the probation violation hearing your friend needs an attorney. How the court deals with the violation will depend what he is on probation for. He needs an attorney.


  3. Your friend needs to be represented by an attorney both in LA for his probation violation and in DC. He may be facing federal charges in Washington. The sooner he is represented by counsel the more time an attorney will have to properly prepare a defense and start working on his case.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics