A friend of mine took my motorcycle without asking and was cut off by another vehicle.

Tamaqua, PA |

He laid the bike down and did some damage to himself and to the bike. It was the other driver's fault, but he did not have a motorcycle license or permit (which is why he didn't ask - I'd have said no!). The other driver's insurance probably will not pay the claim unless I file charges against my friend for unauthorized use of a vehicle. I realy hate being in this situation. What are the possible legal consequences for my friend if I file this against him?
Thank you.

1. You probably already have the answer to your question but here goes: you only have to show that your motorcycle was damaged due to their insured's negligence or fault. you don't have to show or prove that your "friend" had permission from you or had a license.