A friend is sueing me for getting hurt at my house.

Willows, CA |

He got hurt while he was helping me we where digging a hole and the pin of an oager got him and slit his leg. He has gone to the hospital and he has been walking fine after three months.

1. Please contact your homeowners insurer ASAP!

2. Report it to your homeowners insurance to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. There isn't really a question here, but I agree with the attorneys above. Report the incident to your homeowners insurance carrier as soon as possible and make sure to cooperate with your insurance company's investigation of the claim. If there are any coverage issues or you don't have insurance, contact an attorney as soon as possible.

Please note: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Visiting this site does not create an attorney client relationship between our firm or any of its lawyers and you. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your particular situation.

4. You should have homeowner's or renter's insurance and that should cover you for any claim by your friend. Often there is a no-fault medical bill payment provision which is often between $1,000-$5,000, the insurer should be willing to pay any of the medical bills within this amount upon notification and submission of the medical records and bills from the provider(s).

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

5. Report to your ins co. If you had been paying your friend, or he otherwise had been working for you, he may be entitled to workers comp. Most homeowners policies will provide work comp when qualified.