A friend is a Canadian citizen and is barred from entering the US. He lives along the US border and does not know why.

Asked over 1 year ago - Inkster, MI

How can we go about finding out why and whom to contact ?

Thank you in advance

1. Russell Reid Abrutyn

Pro

5

Answered . An immigration attorney can help you find out why he cannot enter and what steps he needs to take to get permission to enter. He may need a waiver of inadmissibility for some past immigration or criminal violation.

2. Elisheva G Mosko

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. It would be best for your friend to contact an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the details of his immigration and criminal history (if applicable) to try to determine what is going on and why he has been unable to enter. There could be a number of reasons why he has been not granted permission to come to the United States, however, further information would be needed to make that determination and also to advise on whether there might be any waivers or other ways for your friend to be able to come to the United States.

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

Answered . I agree with Attorney Abrutyn. Many times, the reason that a person is not allowed to enter the United States is because of something on the person's record. If the person is inadmissible, the person may be eligible to seek a waiver and be allowed to enter.

4. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . I agree with may colleagues

5. Harry Asatrian

3

Answered . We can investigate this further. For example, we can obtain an FBI background check to determine if this is the issue.

6. Marc Aaron Asch

Answered . There could be any number of reasons he has been prevented from entering the US - prior work in the US without a work permit, criminal history, etc.
    He can submit a Freedom Of Information Act request to the Dept. of Homeland Security.