A friend has not filed taxes for several years because my income has been very low what should I do to get current

Asked almost 5 years ago - Rockwell, IA

in 2003 when corn and beans hit rock bottom my friend ( afarmer) lost his income. Ended up in prison on owi since then his income has been extremely limited and he has not filed taxes. He wants to clean this situation up. HOw should he do this?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Darrin T. Mish

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . He should file his returns going back to 2003 but only for those years in which he had a filing requirement. He can call the IRS at 800-829-1040 to obtain what is known as "Payor Information" - this will include his forms W-2 and 1099 and most other documents that he would need to prepare his returns.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,845 answers this week

3,043 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,845 answers this week

3,043 attorneys answering