A friend has 2 Level 3D felony drug charge cases filed less than 30 days apart. Will she have to spend time in jail?

Shawnee Mission, KS |

Both of the drug charge cases also have a Level 5D paraphernalia charge associated with it as well. One of the cases was filed by the Johnson County Sheriff and the other by Overland Park police.

Probably. If she's out of custody you can best help her by (1) getting her into a drug program, and; (2) helping her get a lawyer. She's a mess and is going to get in real trouble if she doesn't get help.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

She is in a presumptive prison box if convicted. This is even if she does not have any criminal record. Both cases are felonies and one could be mandatory consecutive to the other. She must have the immediate help of a truly experienced criminal defense lawyer who handles a good number of drug cases.

Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.