A friend charged with Grand Larceny...Please help.

Asked over 1 year ago - Aiken, SC

Well, this won't allow me to post everything I need to, so I'll say this: my friend is in jail for taking my car without my permission. He was living with me. He has been charged with grand larceny. The public defender is putting him off. He's been in jail over 70 days. I requested charges be dropped (I need the necessary paperwork and even submitted letter to solictor's office and his public defender). He's now being told that he won't get his first court appearance until Sept. 9th! I don't want my friend to do down for this. There has to be a lesser charge! Or no charge at all! Also, how will this thing work when/if he goes to court? Will my requests be considered?? I'm so confused and didn't want it to come to this. Any great advice?? Thanks so much.

1. Erick Masten Platten

Pro

1

Answered . You can go to the prosecutors office and fill out an affidavit of non prosecution and request the charges not be pursued.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

Attorney's that answer questions on AVVO take the time to provide helpful legal guidance. If the information you receive helps you please mark the answer as helpful.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

Answered . Talk to the friend's public defender. They will know what to do.