Skip to main content

A friend charged with Grand Larceny...Please help.

Aiken, SC |

Well, this won't allow me to post everything I need to, so I'll say this: my friend is in jail for taking my car without my permission. He was living with me. He has been charged with grand larceny. The public defender is putting him off. He's been in jail over 70 days. I requested charges be dropped (I need the necessary paperwork and even submitted letter to solictor's office and his public defender). He's now being told that he won't get his first court appearance until Sept. 9th! I don't want my friend to do down for this. There has to be a lesser charge! Or no charge at all! Also, how will this thing work when/if he goes to court? Will my requests be considered?? I'm so confused and didn't want it to come to this. Any great advice?? Thanks so much.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can go to the prosecutors office and fill out an affidavit of non prosecution and request the charges not be pursued.


Erick Platten

Attorney's that answer questions on AVVO take the time to provide helpful legal guidance. If the information you receive helps you please mark the answer as helpful.


Talk to the friend's public defender. They will know what to do.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer