Skip to main content

A friend came to visit U.S and stay on my address ,Does I can face any trouble if he stay more than his legal time limit on visa

Fort Worth, TX |

My friend came to united states and when he in the airport the officer asked him about the address that he will stay on it, Then he give them my address.
Later on ,The USCIS has called me for verification purposes.
My question is ,do I can face any trouble if my friend stay more than the legal time limit that he is allowed to stay inside U.S ?
where i not a U.S citizen ,i'm a green card holder.

Thanks a lot.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No you will face no charges unless commit assist or cover-up of a crime.


If you are harboring an illegal alien, yes.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


I do not believe so.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with Mr. Berman, if you knowingly 'harbor' an alien that is unlawfully in the US (in this case, as the result of an overstay) ... yes, you could get into trouble.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer