A friend came to visit U.S and stay on my address ,Does I can face any trouble if he stay more than his legal time limit on visa

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

My friend came to united states and when he in the airport the officer asked him about the address that he will stay on it, Then he give them my address.
Later on ,The USCIS has called me for verification purposes.
My question is ,do I can face any trouble if my friend stay more than the legal time limit that he is allowed to stay inside U.S ?
where i not a U.S citizen ,i'm a green card holder.

Thanks a lot.

1. Kyndra L. Mulder

4

Answered . No you will face no charges unless commit assist or cover-up of a crime.

2. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . If you are harboring an illegal alien, yes.

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . I do not believe so.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . I agree with Mr. Berman, if you knowingly 'harbor' an alien that is unlawfully in the US (in this case, as the result of an overstay) ... yes, you could get into trouble.