A friend advised I can buy legal shield a legal insurance like medical insurance and can get a lawyer to represent me for any ..

Concord, CA |

case is this true?
there is already a levy on my safe deposit box shared by another person and need to stop this immediately.
all my money been garnished already from my back and the hold on my bank has been taken off probably because there is nothing else.
but the hold on the safe deposit box has not been removed, the collection agency has not opened it yet.

and legal shield will cost me less than 20.00 dollars a month even for legal representation?

1. Legal Shield does not provide representation, according to its web site. All it provides is advice. http://www.legalshield.com/corp/

*** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

2. Legal Shield might be helpful for some people, but it generally is a source of basic legal advice and nothing more. As I understand it, it will not become an attorney of record or prepare court documents unless additional fees are paid, if at all.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.