A former employer was taking deductions from my check for any shortages on the drawers

Asked over 2 years ago - Anderson, IN

can i get my money i rightfully worked for and get money for felling i had no other choise but to quit to get it to stop and should i have a lawyer to sue

1. Nathaniel O Hubley

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should retain an employment law attorney to handle your case. Your employer is not permitted from taking deductions from your pay check because of cash register shortages. You need to file a wage claim, this is something you can do yourself, but it's probably best if you get an experienced employment law attorney. Let me know if you have any questions. Best of luck to you.

2. Tareq Mitri Hishmeh

1

Answered . The practice of deducting shortages from paychecks is against California law. If you prevail, you can recover your lost wages and up to an additional 30 days of pay as a penalty.

TAREQ M. HISHMEH, ESQ.
    Hathaway, Perrett, Webster, Powers, Chrisman & Gutierrez
    A Professional Corporation
    thishmeh@hathawaylawfirm.com