A former employer is suing me for 1,000,000 for fraud after a year saying they never received the goods.

Granbury, TX |

They wouldn't let anyone with the company talk to me to get statements saying they did receive the product and now they have all been fired.and I only received 200,000 not 1000,000.

1. This is a lawyer finding site using lawyer profiles to help you find the right lawyer to hire. Hire one.

2. If you have been served with a lawsuit you have a very limited time to file a response. You need to get a lawyer. If you don't know one, use the AVVO find a lawyer search.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

3. You need to speak to a lawyer about representing you ASAP. You have a limited amount of time to respond to a petition that has been served on you. If you do not respond in the required time then the party suing you can obtain a default judgment against you and it is unlikely you will be able to contest the judgment against you.

4. Ok. So, did you have a legal question?

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.