A few days ago I was accosted or "assaulted" by a man while I was in our local casino.

Chico, CA |

I had just left the ATM machine at the front of the casino when I was approached by this man who proceeded to flip me off and verbally cuss me out. I ignored him as best I could but he got up real close and in my face. I went to go around him when he then pushed me around and got me in a headlock. We struggled for a few seconds and I was finally able to get him of me I was able to signal security who took off after him. I filled out a report etc, but my question is this. They didn't ask me if I wanted to charge this guy or not so should the casino have done this on my behalf, upon apprehending him.

1. It's not up to you or the casino to "press charges" against anyone. That is left up to the prosecuting agency. I can only assume that a police report was taken and forwarded to the appropriate authorities. I'd suggest you contact the casino to find out what was done. You can also follow up with the police agency that handles cases arising from that casino and the local DA's office to see if a report was taken and what is going on with the case.

2. A casino does not have a duty to ask you whether you want to press charges; that is up to you. It's good that his information is now on record, so you can still press charges, if you so choose.

<a href="http://thecorporateattorneys.com/">San Diego business lawyer Sergei Tokmakov</a>.

3. It's up to the prosecution to press charges. However, I would think they would follow up with you as it sounds as if you are a necessary witness. My guess is that they didn't apprehend him and they don't know who to report.
    At your service,