A fellow manager and I just got fired for reporting that we were being harassed by an employee, do we have grounds for suing?

We are independent contractors managing a huge campaign for a very very well known company. We have been sending out reports about certain employees' and another manager's thefts, insubordination, and fraud. After refusing to employ two of the employees, one of them comes to our work place harasses and threatens us for not booking him on the schedule. We report this to the staffing agency several times but nothing was done. But because we were harassed and threatened did we have to take steps and report all this to next higher up which was the experiential marketing company because we feared our safety. Instead we get a call today that we were fired for going directly to the marketing company who according to the staffing company wanted us fired for basically telling the truth.

Fredericksburg, VA -

Robert Dean

Robert Dean

Employment / Labor Attorney

That sounds like an terrible situation. No one should fear for their safety simply for going to work. You may have a claim against the company, especially if you have an employment contract. Feel free to contact me to evaluate your claim by calling (540) 985-0098 or visiting the website below.