Skip to main content

A family member has made false police report and false allegations of to CPS

Bertram, TX |

in short my sister in which I have continuously had problems with growing up, had came to help take care of me after my back surgery in June . has made false allegations and reported me and my family to CPS. CPS case is closed now, but is there anything that I can do legally to show her in the right way, that baby sister is not going to be a victim of her jealousy, spite, or vicious actions towards me or my family any longer. it started when I had my son 28 years ago and now has been put back into play now that my daughter is seven. This is not the first time that she has done something like this that has been dismissed and proven false on her part.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Reports to CPS are privileged as against suit for defamation and CPS will not disgorge any facts to prove your claim. You have a family problem; legal process is not your best method for resolving it.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.


She made a report. Report found unsubstantiated. Report dismissed.
In short, you and truth won out over sister already.
Be gracious in your victory and go forward with your life.


I agree with my colleagues. In the future, you should keep your sister at arm's length and rejoice in the outcome.

Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature and no attorney/client relationship exists in this forum.


Privileged unfortunately

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer