A family friend of mine got caught with at least 500grams of powder cocaine in Melbourne Australia.How much time is she facing?

Inglewood, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

She left from Los Angeles and got caught in Australia

1. No attorney on this forum can say what the Australian judicial system has in store for your friend

My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

2. It depends. Is she being charged with a federal or state crime? There are various factors that will be considered that will affect the time such as criminal history.

This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to your situation depending on the facts.

3. As the two other posters have indicated, it depends on where your friend is being charged--Australia or the United States? And if in the United States, is your friend being charged at the state or federal level? If your friend is being charged in Australia, an attorney on this forum is unlikely to be able to answer your question. I think you'll need to add more information to your question to get an answer.

This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, and/or constitute attorney advertising in any form whatsoever.