A educated domestic settlement estimate?

I was already late for first class and would of made it will only fifteen minutes left so decided to sleep fifteen more and my dad comes downstairs bugging me and eventually leaves leaving light on and door open so i get up and shut light off and barely shut door then he comes running back downstairs and at this point I'm in bed with covers over head and he brutally hits me in the head fifteen times. I suffer a broken nose and skull fracture and maybe more but won't know till cat scan but i was wanting a estimated settlement for pain, suffering and emotional distress,etc.?

Littleton, CO -

Stephen Clark Harkess

Stephen Clark Harkess

Family Law Attorney - Wheat Ridge, CO

There is no way to estimate the value of such a personal injury claim. The most important issues are: 1. was he arrested and convicted of assault; 2. how badly were you hurt; 3. did your injuries resolve or will you have ongoing permanent injury as a result of the assault?

A rough guess at a value would be 2-3 times the medical expenses - but there are a lot of factors that go into determining a personal injury judgment and the case may not settle - it may have to go all the way through a jury trial.

Sponsored Listing
David Littman

David Littman

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Denver, CO

Even though this is a family dispute, it is a personal injury question. Please repost there.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.