A dominos driver hit my truck while it was a parked, not a regular delivery guy but a semi delivering their supplies

Lexington, KY |

My truck was parked legally, there was a witness who called police but they didn't get a truck number and would not leave their name, but the call is on file

You are in a tuff situation. I would call the police and see if they will do a report and an investigation. This is a long shot since it is property damage only but the driveou up r has committed a crime by leaving the scene of the accident. I would canvas the neighborhood and see if you can find any witnesses. I would also report the accident to Domino's corporateand see if it happened to be reported. If there was damage to the truck there should be a record of it. The last option is to file in small claims court, but you will need more evidence to be successful. Good luck.

The author of this posting is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This posting is intended to provide general information only, and is not intended to provide as legal advice in connection with any specific case or fact situation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal answers you should consult with an attorney.

Why not just report it to your insurance company as a hit and run. Then I would contact the local Dominos in the area you were hit and request the name of the driver on the date of the crash. If the manager does not want to give you this information then I would contact the franchise owner or corporate and give them the date and address of the location and tell them that their driver hit your car and left the scene. If you have a deductible then ask for reimbursement.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

If you know who hit your truck, why don't you report the incident to the police? Or, report it to the truck driver's company. You can also report it to your insurance carrier.

Domino's dispatcher knows exactly which truck made a delivery to a given address on any given date and time. With the police report, your insurance should be able to secure that information from Domino's. Whether this makes sense is going to depend upon the cost of repairs which you do not state. The cost of your deductible is all that is at stake. Good luck.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:

Recommended articles about Personal injury