A dog attacked my dog, can i sue

Las Vegas, NV |

i was watching a friends dog (a rotwieller) while she was out of town. I have two large mutts. I have watched this friends dog before for several days at a time and the dogs have always gotten along. one day i came home and they had gotten in a fight. one of my dogs was hurt while the others only had minor scratches. I had to take my dog to the vet (total of $2000). Can i sue my friend since it is most likely her dog that did this since rotwiellers can be very aggressive?

1. Yes.

The question is, whether a law suit is worth your time. I would not pay a lawyer an hourly fee to do this because your recovery is not likely to be large. It is unlikely that any lawyer will do it on contingency. No reason you can’t ask around. Bringing a small claims action on your own is probably your best bet.

you will have one less friend if you sue.

2. Yes.

3. If you have so many strikes against you for filing suit that I would advise you not to consider it.

First, you've watched this dog before and he and your dogs have gotten along just fine. Second, just because he's a Rottweiler does not necessarily make him any more aggressive than any other dog. Third, and most importantly, you have NO proof that the Rott was the one that "started" the fight.

Animal law topics