Skip to main content

A divorced wife residing outside USA seeking details from USCIS through FOIA? which address to mention on H 639?

Jersey City, NJ |

I lived with my ex husband briefly until 2012 in USA on H4. I am now back in my home country India and my ex isn't ready to tell me if my EAD or green card was filed. I am filling a G 630, which is asking the address for verification purpose. Which address do I mention. I was thinking of mentioning a relative's USA address and then explain it in a covering letter which mentions ex husband's address. IS that dine.?

Also, how do I request urgency. I have another suit running with my ex in India. Do I mention the need for that?>

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your best course of action would be to hire an attorney in the US to request this material.

I must tell you ... your chances of getting an expedite request for divorce/lawsuit purposes is close to zero.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Have your attorney advise you correctly as this situation cannot be effectively completed by one Avvo paragraph.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois


The current address.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer