A district attorney's private investigator is looking for me ( DV victim) to give me a subpoena. What are my choices?

Sacramento, CA |

The incident happened months ago, and now the district attorney PI is looking for me to give me a subpoena. I do not want to go to court. I no longer live with domestic partner, we went to counceling, but we couldnt work things out. we both want to leave all this behind and move on.

1. You need to speak to an attorney right away. Don't be foolish. If you cannot afford an attorney, there are many pro bono (free) or discounted legal clinics in the Sacramento area. Look one up on Google and make an appointment ASAP.

2. I agree that you need to talk to an attorney about your rights as a victim. You have options. Those options do have some consequences.
    I have no opinion on the number of or even the existence of free legal clinics with an actual attorney who can advise you or pro bono attorneys [other than the public defender] in Sacramento

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Domestic violence topics