A deduction from my paycheck was made each month for a Share of Cost (SOC) to be paid to Medi-Cal/State of California. however,

Asked almost 2 years ago - Escondido, CA

However, this SOC deduction was not for me. It was for the person I was a caregiver for. This is how they are assured to get their money (Medi-Cal)-since they cannot take that deduction directly from SSA. Then, a letter is sent to me (provider) and to the Recipient stating the recipient owes the provider x amount of money and it is our responsibility to straighten out the monies involved. First, they tax my gross income for the pay period - that is okay since it is my earnings - but then they take the deduction (every month). At year-end they ASSUME that deduction has been reimbursed to me and therefore include it in total earnings for the year and then I pay tax on it again when I file my taxes. HOWEVER, that was not true and I was not reimbursed those deducted amounts ($635 each mo

1. Ryan Daniel Bright

Answered . I wasn't able to read your full question because it got cut off, but it sounds like you have a fairly complex issue if deductions being made from your paycheck that benefit a third party. You would be best to get your paperwork together (pay stubs, tax info, any guidelines from your employer) and setting up an appointment to consult with a local attorney in the San Diego area.