A cop arrested me for me refusing to show him my ID at a bar. Will I win in court?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

1. Greg Thomas Hill

23

2

Answered . The answer is no based on the facts you gave. The officer will fabricate those facts later to justify the arrest and charges.

2. Aaron Scott Hill

24

Answered . It is unlawful to obey a reasonable request from a law enforcement officer. In a bar, the officer is well within his rights to ask for ID to establish your legal presence in the premises. If you were indeed driving the same answer applies.

3. Maltaise E Cini

22

Answered . Without knowing all the facts of the case it is impossible for anyone to say whether or not you will win the case.

4. Hudson Thomas Bair

Pro

21

Answered . Probably not, if you were in an establishment that has a minimum age, law enforcement can ask for identification to prove your that you were lawfully present.

5. Christopher Irvin Simser

22

Answered . It is unlikely you will win in court. There would seem to be a readily apparent reason why an officer would ask you for an ID in a bar.

6. Cambria L Lisonbee

18

Answered . What are you being charged with?

7. Gerald R Stahl

Pro

18

Answered . I believe that you were likely asked for ID to verify your age at a bar. I'm just unsure what the charge would be in your case. Minor attempting to posses alcohol? Anyway, not enough facts here to intelligently answer the question. Although I do believe the cop can ask for you for ID to verify age. Good Luck!

8. Samuel Cohen

16

Answered . You have not set forth enough facts. This is posted under DUI. Were you charged with DUI? Disorderly conduct? Public drunkeness?

9. Michael Stewart Phillips

9

Answered . Not without a lawyer if the cop had a reason to be there asking for identification.

10. Andrew Raymond Lynch

Pro

8

Answered . Please provide more information.