A company truck hit my vehicle on company property. they say they are not responsible for accidents, theft,etc so can i hold the

Asked over 2 years ago - Indianapolis, IN

them responsible for the damage or do they get off scott free. I also work there? thanks

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . If the other drive was negligent in the operation of the vehicle, he is legally responsible for all property damage and all past and future medical expenses, lost income and pain and suffering caused by the collision. If the driver was in the course and scope of his employment with a company at the time of the collision, the company is also responsible for the damages.

    The fact that the incident occurred on company property is not really relevant to determining who is responsible for the damages.

    Good luck.

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It certainly sounds as though your vehicle was hit in the company parking lot while you were working. If you can prove how and when your vehicle was damaged, you can probably hold either the company or the driver responsible. I must agree with my colleague that the simplest way to handle this is to put a claim through your own insurance and let your insurance company do the leg work of getting reimbursed.

    Most businesses have security cameras which would have captured the accident. If this is the case, make certain that your insurance company is aware of the existence of the cameras so that they can timely request to audit the tapes.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr.... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You didn't give a lot of details but if you're convinced of their liability I don't see why they would not be responsible. What might throw a twist in it is if you are an employee of the truck company and your car got hit on company property. Turn it in to your insurance company to get fixed, they will fight with the truck company to get their money back. If you don't have insurance, you'll need to hire an attorney or sue them in small claims court perhaps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,716 answers this week

3,711 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,716 answers this week

3,711 attorneys answering