A company driver hit my parked truck and ran his company wants to settle it was a hit and run. they want to take care of it

Lewisburg, TN |

they are asking for 1099 or ss# thats my personal inf. what should i do?

1. I would inform them that under privacy laws, you do not have to provide them with your SSN, but that you are willing to provide them with the last 4 digits. This should alleviate the issue.

A lot of times this is asked for in order to track claims.

2. I believe that if it is an insurance company they are required to obtain your tax ID number for reporting purposes. Check with a local attorney

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

3. This is very common for them to ask. I do not see an issue with you providing it to them. If you were to sue them, that information would be discoverable anyways. They are only going to use it for reporting purposes. Good luck to you!

4. Typically, in almost every case that I settle for a client, the insurance company requests my firm's tax id number. This is for reporting purposes. It is very common and as long as it's the insurance company requesting the information, I don't see why you shouldn't provide it to them. That being said, you may just want to have a lawyer review the offer and release they are providing to you and confirm that you are dealing with a legitimate company before providing this info.

You should consult an attorney immediately. This information provided does not create an attorney/client relationship and you should seek legal counsel immediately, as there are certain deadlines in your case.

5. I tend to agree with the responding car accident attorneys regarding your truck accident. If you are concerned with your information being leaked, then you might want to consult with a local truck accident attorney to review the document for you. Best of luck with your case.