A collection agency has placed a bad report on my credit report for a debt that is not mine

Lathrop, CA |

to all the answered my question, thank you very much. It's helpful.

1. On their behalf, you are very welcome.

I am licensed to practice law in the State of California, and thus, my answers are based on California law. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ, and therefore, this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice.

2. On behalf of all the attorneys who generously devote their time to answering questions from the public as a free service, I say, "You are welcome."

It is our hope that our education and expertise can be of help to others, and we are heartened when we see that result.

Cheers!

If you need further clarity, please email me at MICHAEL@MIRELAND.US Answers to questions are for general information purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This is not legal advice, simply information. You SHOULD NOT act on this information without consulting a competent bankruptcy attorney in your area and providing ALL relevant information.

3. Challenge the negative item on your report. Go directly to the credit agency's website to do this.