A collection agency has placed a bad report on my credit report for a debt that is not mine

Asked over 1 year ago - Lathrop, CA

to all the answered my question, thank you very much. It's helpful.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Malosack Berjis

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . On their behalf, you are very welcome.

    I am licensed to practice law in the State of California, and thus, my answers are based on California law. The... more
  2. Michael J. Ireland

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . On behalf of all the attorneys who generously devote their time to answering questions from the public as a free service, I say, "You are welcome."

    It is our hope that our education and expertise can be of help to others, and we are heartened when we see that result.


    If you need further clarity, please email me at MICHAEL@MIRELAND.US Answers to questions are for general... more
  3. Mikalah Liviakis


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Challenge the negative item on your report. Go directly to the credit agency's website to do this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,502 answers this week

3,173 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,502 answers this week

3,173 attorneys answering