A close friend is in prison and I feel he isn't getting the appropriate medical attention he needs

Asked 12 months ago - Shoreline, WA

He has developed a skin condition over the last couple years. We have no clue as to what it is, only that its getting worse. We're thinking skin allergies? The only thing he's allergic to is fish, which is documented from previous outbreaks. They wont even substitute his meals on the days they serve fish so he simply doesn't get to eat. He also learned on one of the visits to the doctor that this particular prison uses fish substances in the manure they use on the premises. He has been to the hospital several times over the last couple weeks alone and his symptoms continue to worsen. His face is swollen, his airways closing, and now bloody noses. They continue to keep him in these miserable conditions. Shouldn't they at least be monitoring him in a sterile environment??

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Retain a local civil rights attorney to investigate.

  2. Elizabeth Taylor Herd


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . He may also have a medical negligence claim because many states outsource the medical care to companies. Call a local lawyer for more specific advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,546 answers this week

2,788 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,546 answers this week

2,788 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary