A casino reported fraudulent information about me to the IRS

Republic, MO |

If I went to a casino and won a jackpot for $10,000.00 , for whatever reason, they reported to the IRS that I won 3 jackpots that night, all $10,000.00 each and never said anything until it was uncovered 3 years later, has the casino committed a crime? Would something that they use to keep records not reveal that their money that night was long by $20,000.00? In writing, they admitted to this.. Has a crime been committed?

no crime; just a mistake.

This comment does not create an attorney-client relationship. The law and its application by the courts is constantly evolving and changing. This discussion is not to be taken as a definitive guide, and should not be relied upon to determine all fact situations. Each set of facts must be examined separately with the current case and statutory law analyzed and applied accordingly.