A Business Competitor write bad Comment on my business profiles Blog Post, and she share comment on her business profiles.

Asked 3 months ago - Farmington Hills, MI

I am a small Business Owner in Michigan, please guide me about this issue.
A Business Competitor write a bad Comment on my business profiles Blog Post, and she share my blog post and her comment too, on her Google + Business profile page . which is a proof that 100% she try to ruined my business with a bad comment on my Business blog post. her business is not more than 3 to 4 miles from us. in this situation what can i do ? may i can take legal action ? i captured everything from her profiles.

1. Jason Matthew Shinn

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . I am a Michigan licensed attorney and frequently represent businesses and individuals on internet legal issues similar to your situation. Generally speaking, these issues relate to defamation and business disparagement. You may have a number of options to pursue legal claims that entitle your business to damages, as well as removing the comments. However, to fully evaluate what options and remedies you may have, you would need to meet with an attorney and to provide the actual content making up the postings. You did the smart thing in making copies of the postings and make sure you go over those postings with an attorney. I hope this helps.

2. Brian Curtis Pascale

Pro

1

2

Answered . I wish I could say that I was not getting calls about this all the time, but I can't. Companys attempt to damage their competitor's businesses with false business reviews on websites/gripe sites like Google+ and Yelp all the time. Usually they are less brazen and attempt to hide behind the annonymity of the internet. Fortunately, at least in New York, there are legal ways to unmask the defamers.

First you will want to send an email or letter to the web host of the defamatory statement explaining that the person is a competitor attempting to damage your businesss and demand that it be removed. If that fails you will need to identify who wrote the review. If they wrote the review annonymously you will need to move for pre-action disclosure. Once you identify the person who wrote the defamatory business review you can file a lawsuit for defamation, as well as other business torts.

Contact a local attorney who handles these types of cases. Avvo has a great "Find a Lawyer" tool.

3. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

Answered . Sounds as if you have possible proof of a foolish damaging disparagement by a competitor. You should see a Michigan, attorney like Attorney Shinn, to review the posting. There may be free speech issues, but if this is a competitor and not a customer you should have legal avenues to redress this is the competitor is solvent.