A 20 yr old has gotten a 16 year old (at the time of conception) pregnant . can anything be done about this/.

Asked over 1 year ago - Daytona Beach, FL

hes now denying that hes the father and also the baby is due soon

1. James W Chandler

Pro

Answered . What do you want to have happen?

When the child is born you can file a paternity action.

2. Erskine Clark Rogers III

Answered . There are all sorts of issues arising out of this situation. The one thing for sure is with modern testing you will know if he is the father.

3. Vernon W Guirguis

Answered . Based upon their respecive ages, I do not believe this would constitute a criminal offense. However, my colleauges are correct in that you can file a Petition to Establish Paternity and Other Related Relief (visitation, parental responsibility, child support, etc). If he contests being the father, a DNA test will be required. If he refuses to undergo testing, you could Motion the Court to require it.

DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this post should be treated as legal advice. It is general in nature and not tailored to any specific set of facts. If you have specifics you would like to discuss, you should contact an attorney directly.

VERNON W. GUIRGUIS, ESQ.
    THE GUIRGUIS LAW FIRM, PLLC
    1423 S.E. 16th Place #204
    Cape Coral, FL 33990
    Tel: (239) 573-9939
    Fax: (239) 603-6965
    Email: GuirguisLaw@gmail.com