Skip to main content

A 17 year old was injured in a bicycle accident on our easement. the parents are suing us. The girl had no helmet

Grants Pass, OR |

our daughter was riding down our driveway with her and she crashed into a tree just off our drive way.

This was outside our property line but possibly on the easement.

Attorney Answers 3


Notify your homeowners insurance immediately. They will handle it. The issue is whether there was something about the property that was dangerous or you were somehow negligent and that caused her to crash. If she suffered a head injury and if there is a bike helmet law in your city/state, then she may have some responsibility for some of the injuries in any event. If you are not insured, you need to contact an atty immediately to be sure they dont get a default judgment against you.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Simply report it to your homeowners insurance carrier to resolve.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


As stated, turn it over to your insurance carrier, and do so ASAP. Delay may affect coverage, as you have a duty to cooperate with the insurer. HO insurance is a wonderful thing, and I have seen it come to the rescue of many a family facing a claim of some sort.

This comment is general in nature and is not intended as legal advice. It does not create an attorney client relationship and obviously is not confidential. You should contact an attorney in your area who can review with you all of the relevant facts and give you specific legal advice.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics