A 15year old sent nude pictures, 25yr old sent some back. she sent them first tho. what am i facing?

Danville, VA |

what trouble cann come of this an jail time?

1. yes, you're probably possessing and/or distributing child pornography. If you receive photos, delete, do not resend them anywhere.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. Child porn. Possible jail. Possible lifelong lable as sex offender.

Hire criminal defense attorney IMMEDIATELY.

DO NOT again go online with your case facts and admit to illegal activity as it appears you did in this post. Make sure you tell your attorney about what you posted here.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

3. What is "pornography" is a muddled area of the law; nudity alone is not enough to support a charge. With that said, you should speak to a criminal defense attorney ONLY and do not talk to anyone else about the matter, especially the local police or FBI. Whatever images you may have on your computer or phone, you should delete them immediately. In fact, you should consider destroying the hard drive and/or SIM card.

Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

James Garrett
    Garrett Law Group, PLC
    http://www.garrettlawgroup.com
    jd@garrettlawgroup.com
    (757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

Juvenile law topics