A 14 yr old hurt himself while riding motorcycles with us in a parking lot.his mother gave me permission.

Asked about 1 year ago - Uniondale, NY

nassau coliseum parking lot.

1. Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Pro

5

Answered . Are you an adult? Were you there to supervise? were you riding with this 14 year old? I hope he wasn't hurt too badly. While a 14 year old is still a child, s/he is old enough to be held responsible for his or her own actions and may be charged with contributory negligence. As noted above, you must notify your insurance carrie(s) immediately. They will provide you with a defense if this type of accident is covered.

The Nassau Colliseum parking lot can be pretty gravely and cracked. It hasn't been resurfaced in years (except the VIP lot where corp sponsors, players, mngmnt, and a few lucky season ticket holders park). There must be better places to ride.

I may be contacted at 212-553-9300.
  2. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

4

Answered . There is probably some liability on your part as well

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . What is your question? A 14 year old cannot have driver's license or even a permit in NY. Therefore, you could have some liability but I can't say with any certainty without knowing more. I suggest you put your insurance carriers (auto and homeowner, etc.) on notice in case you get sued. If you don't put them on notice now they may disclaim coverate later.

Pro

5

Answered . Report it to your insurance company to defend.

5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

2

Answered . and?

6. Marco Caviglia

Pro

2

Answered . Contact your insurer and get the number of a criminal attorney, as you and mom may be subject to prosecution for endangering the welfare of a child if someone decides to report it.

7. David Ian Schoen

Pro

1

Answered . Gave you permission for what? How old are you? What is your question. A lot more information is needed.