A “9 J statement in a wrongful death pro se case.

Somerset, NJ |

1. Under any circumstances can you present a medical expert witness after a complaint has been filed in a pro se case based on the case itself?
2 Can you ask for an extension for medical expert witness based on 50% of medical records missing?
3. Can advance directives and mistakes in medical records replace 9j statement?
4/ Can my medical expert practice in a different state then the state where the wrongful death occurred?

I suggest you consult with a local lawyer as soon as possible. You are asking appropriate and detailed questions. But, to get appropriate answers you will need the help of a local lawyer that knows the ropes in your state.

It sounds like you are dealing with a variety of issues - traps for the unwary.

Please seriously consider retaining a local lawyer to help you. Good luck.

You should consult with or hire a New Jersey lawyer that handles these types of cases. You are obviously asking some insightful and important questions; but the fact that you don't know the answers, or apparently where to find them without help, foretells that you will be in trouble trying to handle this type of complex case by yourself. Get help.

Best regards,
James Heiting

Would you do brain surgery on yourself? Best bet is to retain a local wrongful death lawyer.

If you are asking these questions, you obviously do not know NJ procedure. I am not licensed in NJ, so I don't either. Retain a local attorney immediately. If your case gets dismissed with prejudice you are out of luck. Do the right thing, and hire counsel.

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Many times people decide to represent themselves in an action. One of the most common is that they do not want to pay the attorey's fees regardless of what the source is. This is foolish. If Mr. Ferrara is correct and your case has been rejected by an attorney, you might want to give serious thought to the possibility of success. You can always ask for a second opinion

Let me guess. You already consulted with a NJ attorney who said he or she can't help you and you are trying to do it yourself. Even experienced attorneys like me, who have been doing this 40 years, do not know all I should about these cases. There is no way you can do it alone. Sorry to be so blunt.

Please note that these answers are provided as a community service and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.