911 Calls.

Sandy, UT |

Every time I see something wrong I call 911. I call them like 4 times a week. Can I falsely be charged for filing a false report? Everything that I report is 100% what is actually happening. Should I be worried and stop calling and let people do whatever they want?

1. STOP calling 911 unless it is truly an emergency. You won't be "falsely" charged if you are actually abusing the 911 system to report non-emergencies, costing the county money and taking resources away from true emergencies. There are other numbers you can call such as the police department non-emergency number, in order to report things. 911 is for EMERGENCY not mere complaint or reports. Use better judgment.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Civil rights topics