90 days state residency requirement for N400 citizenship application

Asked over 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

I traveled outside the US for 4 month. I just got back now and want to apply for my citizenship. Did i brake the 90 days state residency requirement needed before applying when I left the US and stayed outside for 4 month. Do I need to wait 3 month from when I got back before I can apply for my citizenship? I have resided for about ten years in that state before I traveled.

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

3

Answered . Assuming you returned to the same state to live you continue to satisfy the residence requirement.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . You probably didn't break your residence ... but you haven't given us much information.

Did you return to the same house/apartment?

Did you keep your car, job, etc.

Did you work outside of the US?

etc.

etc.

Talking to a lawyer is a good idea.

3. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

1

Answered . Since you have resided in the same state for the past 10 years, you meet the 90-day jurisdictional requirement to file the N400 within the USCIS district. No, you don't need to wait 3 months from the time you get back to apply for citizenship. As always, please see to it that you consult with an immigration attorney before filing your application to make sure there are no issues that would endanger your immigration status.

4. John K Lassen

1

Answered . Did you return?

www.Immigration-Lawyer-NJ.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630