8 months pregnant & terminated

Asked over 1 year ago - Palm Coast, FL

my boss asked me to complete a task and it was not according to policy , I did not want to be be considered insubordinate so I completed the task. The end result we were both terminated. I am due in 4 weeks and I was wondering if there is any legal action against the company due to I am unhireable in my condition and if there is a way to get short term disability paid through the company?

1. Jonathan Edgar Pollard

1

Answered . Depending on all of the facts, you may have a claim against your employer for pregnancy discrimination, which violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended by the Pregnancy Discrimination Act. You should contact an attorney immediately to discuss your options.

Please feel free to call my office. I would be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Pollard

2. Timothy Alan Coe

Answered . As Mr. Pollard said, it may be possible, but you need to see an attorney right away, and bring all the facts (including what this task was). The PDA is a possibility, but just based on what you've said here I don't think it's a winning case because it appears that you were fired for a reason other than your pregnancy, and given that your boss was fired also, it looks like the company would be able to say that there was a just reason to fire you.