8 CFR 1003.2 - Reopening or reconsideration before the Board of Immigration Appeals.

Atlanta, GA |

Going through a join motion to reopen with the Office of Chief Council before BIA. What are the chances they (BIA) will reopen a case if the Office of Chief Council has agreed to join in that motion???

Good if you have a good LEGAL argument to support your motion. Let an experienced immigration attorney handle the matter.
---------------------------------------- This email was sent by: Avvo, Inc. 1501 4th AveSuite 1900 Seattle, WA, 98101-1588, USA We respect your right to privacy - visit the following URL to view our policy. ( http://click.mail5.avvo.com/?qs=b25f75abbd882355c7626f37849d2df72a0d51e73ae5b8f726c839b66c65d3a59acdd4879bd37e25 ) ----------------------------------------

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

If the Chief Council has agreed on the joint motion, you have good chances for the BIA to reopen. Consult an experienced immigration attorney on the joint motion if you have not done that yet.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite at 646-407-2331. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Hard to say without more information.

Robert West

Robert West

Misread question, agree good chance if OCC has agreed or is not opposed.

Joint motion to reopen? Very good chances if you have that before the panel.

An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics