72 hour notice on Friday afternoon. Does Saturday and Sunday count?

Gold Beach, OR |
Filed under: Landlord-tenant

I received it on Monday night and faxed in recertification papers at 11:58 pm.

Re-certification of what? 72-hour notices, within the residential landlord/tenant context, are only for non-payment of rent or towing of an inoperable vehicle.

And yes, they are valid even if served on a Friday.

Licensed in Oregon. Advice provided is general information only and is based solely upon the facts provided. It is not intended as legal advice applicable to any specific situation. No attorney/client relationship is created unless and until we have met and entered into a written representation agreement. Contact me at 541-250-0542 to discuss your matter further. www.MaugerLaw.com

It's not exactly clear what question you need answered. If you received a 72-hour notice of failure to pay rent on a Friday, the time period begins the day after service (i.e., Saturday) and ends on the last day at midnight (i.e., Monday at 11:59pm). The answer also depends on how you were given the notice (which was not specified in your question).

It's not clear what you mean by the terms "received", "it", or "recertification".

Discussions on Avvo should not be relied upon as legal advice and should not be substituted for an in depth consultation with an attorney. Any answer provided does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Landlord-tenant topics