6bench warrants in one county. moved to another county and was arrested for false name and driving on suspended lic?

6 bench warrants in pg county md. for failure to appear on dui . moved to another county in md and was arrested for giving false name and driving on suspended license. officer checked for other warrants, then released me. will i be given jail time in first county when i go to court in county #2

California, MD -

Warren Duryea Price

Warren Duryea Price

DUI / DWI Attorney - Washington, DC

If you have an outstanding warrant in Prince George's County and you appear in court in the second county for your traffic charges, you may be taken into custody on your outstanding warrants. It depends on whether the State's Attorney in County #2 finds those warrants and informs the Sheriff/Bailiff when you appear in court. As my colleague mentions, you should consider facing the music on your outstanding warrants rather than continuing to attempt to elude arrest; you are only developing additional legal problems (false name, suspended license, etc.) Contact an experienced defense counsel and have him enter his appearance in the Prince George's County matter and file a motion to quash your warrants and issue a summons. That way you can potentially stay out of jail pending the resolution of your case.

Ronald S. Pichlik

Ronald S. Pichlik

DUI / DWI Attorney - Battle Creek, MI

No, it doesn't work that way. You will at some point have to face the music for the bench warrants and the DUI in that other county. You may very well get taken into custody on those warrants when you appear in court on the new matter. You should get yourself an attonrey and have him or her attempt to resolve everything at about the same time.