6bench warrants in one county. moved to another county and was arrested for false name and driving on suspended lic?

Asked over 4 years ago - California, MD

6 bench warrants in pg county md. for failure to appear on dui . moved to another county in md and was arrested for giving false name and driving on suspended license. officer checked for other warrants, then released me. will i
be given jail time in first county when i go to court in county #2

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Warren Duryea Price


    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you have an outstanding warrant in Prince George's County and you appear in court in the second county for your traffic charges, you may be taken into custody on your outstanding warrants. It depends on whether the State's Attorney in County #2 finds those warrants and informs the Sheriff/Bailiff when you appear in court. As my colleague mentions, you should consider facing the music on your outstanding warrants rather than continuing to attempt to elude arrest; you are only developing additional legal problems (false name, suspended license, etc.) Contact an experienced defense counsel and have him enter his appearance in the Prince George's County matter and file a motion to quash your warrants and issue a summons. That way you can potentially stay out of jail pending the resolution of your case.

  2. Ronald S. Pichlik

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . No, it doesn't work that way. You will at some point have to face the music for the bench warrants and the DUI in that other county. You may very well get taken into custody on those warrants when you appear in court on the new matter. You should get yourself an attonrey and have him or her attempt to resolve everything at about the same time.

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,247 answers this week

3,349 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,247 answers this week

3,349 attorneys answering