64 years old was laid off

Asked over 4 years ago - Massachusetts

Anybody can tell me what is the chances to be able to find a new position?

1. Carolyn Blake Dibbert

1

Answered . Hello:

Your likelihood of finding a job should not change based on your age. The Age Discrimination Act prohibits employers from discriminating against employees/potential employees on the basis of age. There are many good job hunting websites you can use. Additionally, you may wish to get in touch with former employers, contacts to see if they know of anyone who is hiring. Networking is often the best way to find something new!

Good luck!

2. Ronald Anthony Sarno

Answered . Of course you are eligible for unemployment benefits. Many employers prefer older workers.
    Right now it is a tough time to be hired, but it is not impossible. Suggest craigslist or monster.com You used this computer service, so you know how to go on line and search for work. Put a resume together and get started. I am an older worker and have been hired and rehired.
    On my profile there are several legal guides. I recommend reviewing the following which may be helpful to you:

Hiring a lawyer; Is it Legal? Is it Illegal?...Understanding the different court systems;
    Introduction to Legal terms used in litigation; Limitations on a Lawyer’s License: What a Lawyer Can and Cannot Do……………………………..…………………………..

Employer/Employee Disputes

LEGAL DISCLAIMER…………………………………………………………………..
    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about this issue.