601

question is: can my good behavior such being mentor of kid here, volunteer in some organisations partly help me with 601 ? I have just long time ago cr. record from other country..No charge or conviction...nothing, just fingerprints taken..But i see i need 601 with my adj. of status papers..Right?

Chicago, IL -

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

You need to go to an attorney and have your case evaluated. You might not need the I-601 waiver at all. Or, you may qualify or not qualify for something else. IF you were JUST fingerprinted (or arrested) and the charges were dropped, you might not have an conviction.

Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

I agree with my colleagues. It is good to show your positives but it does not replace the hardship. You should contact an attorney for a consultation. These are complex applications.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

hard to say what you need without seeing your documents. But to answer your question, when applying for an I-601 waiver, you need to prove hardship to a qualifying relative and not necessarily your good moral character or hardship to you. Having said all of this, I strongly recommend that you speak with an experienced immigration attorney.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Good behavior is 'good' .... but you still need to show the hardship.

It isn't as hard to prove hardship as you may think ... meet with an attorney to learn more.

Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

A totality of circumstances may help in eliciting a finding of extreme hardship. Be patient in listing every detail and work with an immigration who could guide you through the process. There is no specific definition of extreme hardship but case law points to various factors that could lead to such a finding.

Related Advice