6 month period change for an amended FL-100?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Clara, CA

I missed 7h check on FL-100 I filed in March. The respondent was served and response to waive court was turned in by the respondent. I recently received a denied court clerk check list that stated I needed to check mark 7h on FL-100. I need to amend and submit. Does this change the cool down period from my initial petition?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. David Alexander Yomtov


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . File an Amended Petition. By that, I mean that in the box in the top section where it says "Dissolution of marriage, legal separation, nullity" - check the box that says "Amended."

    If Respondent filed a Response, then you'll have to file an RFO (FL-300) asking for leave to amend the Petition. If Respondent has not, yet, filed a Response, then just file your Amended Petition.

    This does not reset the "cooling down period."

    Be clear that the "cooling down period" has no legal significance other that that your status cannot be terminated until 180 days have been passed from the day you served Respondent.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Uncontested Divorce

An uncontested divorce is one in which spouses agree on relevant issues such as division of property, child custody/support, and alimony.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,635 answers this week

2,885 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,635 answers this week

2,885 attorneys answering