50 yr old female. THR 5/17/11. my acetabular cup has been misplaced. LLD is due to the cup. Extreme pain in groin.

Asked 9 months ago - 10994

Unable to stand or sit for long periods. Had to stop walking 5 miles /day because of pain. I've gained 20 pounds.
I need to know if I have a case, even though the docs will never go against one another.

1. Gregory Scott Gennarelli

Pro

9

Answered . You need to make a determination very quickly if you want to proceed as it appears that the statute of limitations may expire very shortly. Has anyone reviewed your records yet? do you have your records? Where did you have the THA done? What type of prosthetic was implanted? (i.e. Stryker?) Did you follow up with the surgeon? What do the post-op x-rays show? You say the cup has been misplaced, did it move? How big of a leg length discrepancy do you have? There are experts who will testify against other doctors in hip replacement cases if you have a viable claim. Based on the information you provided, it's difficult to know one way or the other, but you should act immediately.

2. Rafael Omar Gomez

6

Answered . There are a number of different hip replacement devices which are the subject of products liability lawsuits for being defective. As a result additional information is needed about your situation to help determine if you have a viable case. There are specific time limits on your ability to bring a claim depending on your situation so I would advise you consult with an attorney as soon as possible.

3. Steven Miller

6

Answered . Why has your acetabular cup misplaced? Have you obtained a second opinion from an orthopedist? You may have a case depending on the answers to these questions. Go to a med mal attorney with this information; consultation is generally free.

4. Craig A. Post

6

Answered . Maybe but you must gather your medical records and consult with an attorney immediately. You may be right up against the statute of limitations.

5. David Ian Schoen

Pro

5

Answered . There is a dearth of information in your post. You will need to present a much more comprehensive account to an experienced NY medical malpractice attorney to determine if you have a viable claim.

6. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . So much pain that I cannot follow your posting. Please clarify. Sad about Schmipf's.

7. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

4

Answered . You waited too long the statute of limitations is about to expire.

Pro

3

Answered . Have a local lawyer order your medical records to investigate

9. Marco Caviglia

Pro

Answered . It appears that you have waited so long that no competent medical malpractice attorney would take this case which S/L will expire imminently. No time to work with, but I suspect other attorneys have rejected your case already.