50 50

Asked about 1 year ago - Nevada, MO

me n my ex gf have came to custody agreement for 50 50 custody of my son, while i make a lot more than her myself ,she is remarried and her husband makes real good money and together they make at least 3 times what i do, my question is who will be paying who when it comes to child support?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Joshua T. Mathews


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . First, it sounds like your agreement is not ordered by a court, and therefore is unenforceable. Furthermore, if you have never had a paternity and custody case, then you have no custodial rights to the child. (When unmarried parties have a child, the father must petition the court to have his paternity acknowledged and a custody decision made).

    As for child support, it depends on the child support worksheet. Her new husband's income is irrelevant.

    Best Wishes

    This advice is based upon limited and hypothetical circumstances. For an answer that is specific to your... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,871 answers this week

2,916 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,871 answers this week

2,916 attorneys answering