50 50

Asked about 1 year ago - Nevada, MO

me n my ex gf have came to custody agreement for 50 50 custody of my son, while i make a lot more than her myself ,she is remarried and her husband makes real good money and together they make at least 3 times what i do, my question is who will be paying who when it comes to child support?

1. Joshua T. Mathews

Pro

Answered . First, it sounds like your agreement is not ordered by a court, and therefore is unenforceable. Furthermore, if you have never had a paternity and custody case, then you have no custodial rights to the child. (When unmarried parties have a child, the father must petition the court to have his paternity acknowledged and a custody decision made).

As for child support, it depends on the child support worksheet. Her new husband's income is irrelevant.

Best Wishes