50 50

Nevada, MO |

me n my ex gf have came to custody agreement for 50 50 custody of my son, while i make a lot more than her myself ,she is remarried and her husband makes real good money and together they make at least 3 times what i do, my question is who will be paying who when it comes to child support?

First, it sounds like your agreement is not ordered by a court, and therefore is unenforceable. Furthermore, if you have never had a paternity and custody case, then you have no custodial rights to the child. (When unmarried parties have a child, the father must petition the court to have his paternity acknowledged and a custody decision made).

As for child support, it depends on the child support worksheet. Her new husband's income is irrelevant.

Best Wishes

This advice is based upon limited and hypothetical circumstances. For an answer that is specific to your situation, please consult an attorney. The answering of this question does not create an attorney/client relationship, and the poster should seek additional information from qualified legal counsel. Many attorneys, like ours, offer no-cost consultations.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody