5 Years of pain, suffering & wrong treatment all because they failed to take any XR's and missed severe bone on bone arthritis

Salem, OR |

I have been prescribed a walker/wheelchair, placed on narcotics, undergone painful steroid injections, been sent to pain classes, issued TENS unit, sent to PT/OT , issued braces for my hands,etc. I was told there was nothing they could do for any of my problems because they were all due to diabetic neuropathy- which they never performed EMG/NCV to test for. Finally I INSISTED on EMG/NCV and XR's and come to find out I have BL mod CTS and bone on bone arthritis in my hips and thumbs. I have early DJD in nearly every joint and need hip replacements, thumb surgeries and carpal tunnel releases. This is because they neglected to order a simple XR of my hips/hands and do EMG/NCV- which would have both diagnosed carpal tunnel syndrome and ruled out diabetic neuropathy!

1. I'm very sorry to hear about this. Much more information is needed to properly evaluate. You would want to search Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool to find a local lawyer, and you can schedule a sit-down appointment to discuss in detail. I wish you all the best.

2. You don't appear to have asked a question here, which makes it difficult to give an answer. (Please see this Guide: www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/five-tips-for-how-to-ask-for-legal-advice-on-avvocom ) There's no way to assess the strength of a case over the internet like this. You should consult with a medical malpractice attorney in private.

Note that the statute of limitations for medical malpractice in Oregon is two years. That means that you must take action - that is, file a lawsuit - within two years of the injury, if you mean to do so at all. It takes some months to properly investigate a case, sometimes, so you should talk to an attorney promptly.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com

3. You can take a good first step by posting details of a legal challenge on a good legal informational and marketing site like AVVO. But, at this point, you need to consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney ASAP now before any more time elapses to get actual legal advice. If your question relates to case value, here is one approach: [Blue-Link-Below]

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

4. Medical malpractice cases are very difficult and complex. Your medical issues are very significant and complicated. It is really impossible to address all the legal issues involved with your potential case without asking you many more questions. Obviously the doctors did not cause your arthritis, DJD and your diabetic neuropathy. Perhaps their failure to diagnose these issues earlier, with an xray would have allowed you to receive better treatment sooner and perhaps suffered less and for as long a period of time. It is difficult to tell. Most lawyers will give you a free consultation regarding this complex issues.