5 years and still not divorced

Asked over 2 years ago - Newport, PA

we had a divorce agreement with signatures notarized in 2008. it went in front of a judge and was signed off on. she took it to another judge within 90 days and he reversed the other judges ruling! she is dragging her feet 5 years later, using my health insurance and won't come to any agreement. i want the divorce to move on with my life. my lawyer can't seem to get things moving. what do i need to do to finalize this divorce. i want a divorce and then do the settlement of property later? whatever it takes.

thanks.

1. Christopher Barrett Fay

Answered . Since you are a represented party, other lawyers are restricted from communicating with you under the ethics rules.

Good luck,
    Chris
    PS: Please mark this as a best answer if it is most helpful to you.

2. Kristine Ann Michael

Answered . It is hard to give specific information as your question does not contain all of the details a lawyer would need to know. However, I can tell you that you do not have to reach an agreement in order to resolve your divorce. Your economic claims can be taken to a hearing in front of a judge for final resolution if you are unable to come to an agreement. It is very rare for Pennsylvania to permit a divorce without the economic claims being resolved. Ask for a meeting with your lawyer. Get specific information on why your case has not moved forward and work out a plan with specific steps as to how it can be brought to resolution. If you still have doubts, take advantage of a few free consults to see if someone else can offer you a better plan.