4th degree theft

Asked over 5 years ago - Algona, IA

I am charged with 4th degree theft. I go to court soon....not sure what I should plead or the general process of the court for this charge. Can someone help me?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Lance George Miyatovich

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You should pleaqd not guilty and request a jury trial at your arraignment. If you can not afford a lawyer you should get a public defender to represent you. The maximum penalty is one year in jail and a $5000. fine. if you have no criminal history you may not have to do any jail time in the event you plead guilty or you our found guilty at trial. You may have a self defense claim to assert. Without more facts and without knowing the court you are appearing in, it is difficult to predict what a Judge will do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,956 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,956 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering